"...for my house will be called a house of prayer for all peoples." Isaiah 56:7

"O Lord,...you have been pleased to bless this house of your servant, so that it will always remain. It is you, O Lord, who blessed it, and it will be blessed forever." 1 Chr 17: 26-27

Sr. Marie De Mandat-Grancey Foundation
P.O.Box 275
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724 USA

" I am not a priest and cannot bless them, but all that the heart of a mother can ask of God for her children, I ask of Him and will never cease to ask Him." ~ Sister Marie

“The grace of our Lord be with us forever.” ~ Sr. Marie

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mercy Meditation

A good priest and I were once discussing God's Mercy and His Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, Mercy Incarnate. Reflecting on THE ultimate price paid for our redemption he said, "God's Mercy is His Justice. His Justice is His Mercy." I was speechless. (No small event.) Again, this good priest had me thinking...meditating about God.

On the Cross, Mercy and Justice were united in an eternal offering. Justice was perfectly served as THE complete price was paid for our sins in THE solitary and perfect act of Love and Mercy. I can think about that forever...really... and often do.

It's all about Mercy. It always has been; always will be.

I was blessed to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy at the death beds of both my mother and father. Understanding the promises attached to this act of faith and mercy, I consider that a gift beyond comprehension!

Often I realize that the only thing I can ever bring to God that doesn't come from Him is my sin. Everything good in me comes from Him. Certainly all good that I have done and may ever do comes from Him; He inspires it and permits it. And yet He desires me; calls and welcomes me. This understanding draws me more and more deeply into the mystery of His unfathomable Mercy.

If we want to be pleasing to God, to follow His Son, we must be merciful to others and also pray for Divine Mercy for ourselves, for those we love, for our Church, country and world ...buckets full, oceans full!

Of course unfathomable Mercy is already there, pouring out upon the souls for whom we pray; exists in incomprehensible abundance before we pray or even think to pray. Maybe we are praying that souls receive the beautiful gift of a small inkling; precious, sweet, surprise comprehension of it; a tiny glimpse into the Merciful Love of God. Jesus, I trust in you. Mother of Mercy, draw us to your Son; teach us of His Mercy.

Lamb of God,
You take away the sins of the world,
Have mercy on us.

Lamb of God,
You take away the sins of the world,
Have mercy on us.

Lamb of God,
You take away the sins of the world,
Grant us peace.

Please God, please. I beg You for peace for this world so sorely in need of peace.

Saint Anne and Saint Joachim, mother and father of our Merciful Mother, pray for us.
Sr. Marie, pray for us.

God bless the priest who inspired this meditation. Please pray for him and for all priests. They are Jesus' vessels of mercy. We could better live without the sun, than without Jesus' priests who bring us His Mercy.