"...for my house will be called a house of prayer for all peoples." Isaiah 56:7

"O Lord,...you have been pleased to bless this house of your servant, so that it will always remain. It is you, O Lord, who blessed it, and it will be blessed forever." 1 Chr 17: 26-27

Sr. Marie De Mandat-Grancey Foundation
P.O.Box 275
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724 USA

" I am not a priest and cannot bless them, but all that the heart of a mother can ask of God for her children, I ask of Him and will never cease to ask Him." ~ Sister Marie

“The grace of our Lord be with us forever.” ~ Sr. Marie

Friday, October 17, 2008

Stations of the Cross in Ephesus

While visiting Mary's House I was keenly aware of the sacred ground on which I tread...ground that had at one time been steeped in the Tears of the Mother of God. Currently, due to Turkish army regulations, no one can walk behind Mary's House. That did not keep me from uniting with Our Lady as she walked, carved out, and prayed the first Stations of the Cross. As I sat inside Mary's House on a little stool on the right wall facing the Altar, I faced a window on the left wall. The window grille is made up of black iron crosses. It was open and looked out on the exact area of mountainous, rocky, lightly wooded and dry underbrush-filled terrain where Our Lady relived and wept over the Passion and death or Her Son Jesus.

I was blessed to have Mass in the Rectory Chapel twice, once celebrated by the current Rector Father Oriano and a second time by the previous Rector Father Joe. In this Little Chapel are beautiful Icons of the Stations of the Cross. I attempted to take photos of these Stations knowing that they exist on the same sacred ground of the very first Stations prayed and created by Our Lady of Sorrows, Our Lady of Ephesus. Please excuse my amateur photography and presentation which does no justice to the love and prayers in my heart as I contemplated Our Lady's Tears flowing for love of Jesus...for love of us.

+JMJ+