"...for my house will be called a house of prayer for all peoples." Isaiah 56:7

"O Lord,...you have been pleased to bless this house of your servant, so that it will always remain. It is you, O Lord, who blessed it, and it will be blessed forever." 1 Chr 17: 26-27

Sr. Marie De Mandat-Grancey Foundation
P.O.Box 275
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724 USA

" I am not a priest and cannot bless them, but all that the heart of a mother can ask of God for her children, I ask of Him and will never cease to ask Him." ~ Sister Marie

“The grace of our Lord be with us forever.” ~ Sr. Marie

Thursday, December 25, 2008

And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us...

O Come let us adore Him! Be not afraid!

God comes to us, to me, as a little baby and only asks our love. This helpless Baby, like all babies, needs nothing more than love and a warm place to rest His head. But I know my heart and soul. How can I even hope to welcome Him and invite Him, perfect God, into me, imperfect creature?

He even makes this easy for me for He enters this world in a stable. Have you ever been in a real stable? It is very dark, gloomy and messy; it smells of earth and animal creatures including all that this implies. There are spider webs and vermin droppings among other more unpleasant conditions. There is little or nothing in the way of comfort or beauty in an animal stable ...and this is my reason to hope! Little Lord Jesus chose that place. He purposely chose to come and light up the dark and least beautiful of all places. If He chose a stable in which to be born then I have all hope that He will come to my heart too even with all its messiness and unpleasant nature. He will light up the corners of my heart with His mercy and love and forgiveness.

The stable where the little Lord Jesus laid down His sweet head was made beautiful by the presence and warm embrace of Mary Most Holy. This too is my hope! I can invite Mary my Mother into the unpleasant stable of my own heart and thereby make it a beautiful place for the Little Baby Jesus to come. She will welcome Him and kiss Him for me and whisper words of love for me and so my imperfect prayers and love for Him will be made perfect by Her.

God must love us so much to make it so easy for us to embrace Him. How can we be afraid of a little Baby whose Mother is our Mother?

How is it that the The King of Kings chooses to humble Himself and be born in the gloomy and messy stables of our hearts? But He does! All we need do is invite Him. Come little Lord Jesus, be born in my heart. Mother Mary, please nourish the life of Jesus in my heart and soul forever until I become an image of Him.

"The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light;
Upon those who dwelt in land of gloom a light has shone.

For a child is born to us, a son is given us; upon his shoulder dominion rests.
They name him Wonder-Counselor, God-Hero, Father-Forever, Prince of Peace." (Is 9: 1,5)

And we have seen his glory! (Jn 1: 14)

Open wide the doors up your stables! Dear Sister Marie, who opens wide the door to Mary's House for all God's children, please help us to open wide the doors of our hearts; come with us and let us adore Him in the arms of Mary in the stables of our hearts!



Merry Christmas!

Holy Infant Jesus,
bless and protect us.
Amen.

+JMJ+