"...for my house will be called a house of prayer for all peoples." Isaiah 56:7

"O Lord,...you have been pleased to bless this house of your servant, so that it will always remain. It is you, O Lord, who blessed it, and it will be blessed forever." 1 Chr 17: 26-27

Sr. Marie De Mandat-Grancey Foundation
P.O.Box 275
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724 USA

" I am not a priest and cannot bless them, but all that the heart of a mother can ask of God for her children, I ask of Him and will never cease to ask Him." ~ Sister Marie

“The grace of our Lord be with us forever.” ~ Sr. Marie

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Writing, writing, and more writing!

Please excuse my recent lack of posts to this blog. God does have me writing, however!...just not on the internet these days. I am not only working on my own pieces, but I am also assisting a very holy 88 year old priest, a Vincentian, who is writing the biography of Sister Marie! He struggles with some health issues and so for him I beg your continued prayer support. In fact I've been putting in so much writing time at the laptop that I've had to have my eyes "fixed" with a new prescription.
.
Some nice news to report. Locally there are two Parishes that include the Sister Marie prayer in the Rosary after Mass each day. Would you please consider including the Sister Marie prayer in your church's daily Rosary? The daily Mass folks are certain to welcome this addition. Be a little apostle of peace and tell the story of Mary's House and Sister Marie!
.
I can offer you some help in doing this. By the end of next week I will have two booklets ready for your mail orders. One is called Mary's House and Sister Marie and focuses on the history of Mary's House and Sister Marie's role in finding, restoring and preserving it for all time. It tells of Mary's House as place of unity and peace for Muslims and Christians and also touches on the implications of this unity for these times. The second booklet is called Why Sister Marie? Why Now?. It is a personal reflection detailing how and why I became involved with this mission of Sister Marie, where this work has brought me, and all I have learned. I received some very exciting news today; this holy priest who is writing the biography of Sister Marie has graciously offerred to write a short forward for these booklets. Both booklets are currently available for free (although not quite ready yet, I'm still editing them) in the left toolbar. But soon I will be able to offer them in printed booklet form so you can share them with your prayers groups, families, and friends. Of course you can also order little bundles of printed prayer cards. Please support the Cause for Sister Marie by offering your donation and we'll be happy to send you booklets and prayer cards.
.
Why not start by printing out a color flyer from the toolbar at the left? Post it in your Parish's vestibule (with the permission of your Pastor) and begin to pray yourself first. Plant some seeds of grace! Then when the Holy Spirit moves you, invite your Rosary group to include Sister Marie's prayer. Know that this will one of my daily prayer intentions too!
.
You remain in my prayers; especially your petitions to God through the intercession of Sister Marie. God bless you.
.
+JMJ+