"...for my house will be called a house of prayer for all peoples." Isaiah 56:7

"O Lord,...you have been pleased to bless this house of your servant, so that it will always remain. It is you, O Lord, who blessed it, and it will be blessed forever." 1 Chr 17: 26-27

Sr. Marie De Mandat-Grancey Foundation
P.O.Box 275
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724 USA

" I am not a priest and cannot bless them, but all that the heart of a mother can ask of God for her children, I ask of Him and will never cease to ask Him." ~ Sister Marie

“The grace of our Lord be with us forever.” ~ Sr. Marie

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

St. Polycarp

It was one year ago today, February 23, 2010, on the Feast of St. Polycarp, that Bishop Robert Finn accepted the Cause of Beatification of Sr. Marie de Mandat-Grancey into the Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese in Missouri. St. Polycarp is the second Bishop of Smyrna after St. John the Evangelist.  Smyrna, now Izmir, is the area in Asia Minor, now Turkey, where Sister Marie served God and from where she received the title Foundress of Mary's House in Ephesus.  Please join us with prayers of thanksgiving to St. Polycarp and to Sr. Marie for the first step Bishop Finn took that brought forth the opening of the Cause in Sr. Marie's name on January 21, 2011.

St. Polycarp, pray for us.
Sister Marie, Servant of God, pray for us.
The Feast Day of St. Polycarp of Smyrna

February 23 is the feast day of St. Polycarp of Smyrna, who was martyred around 155 or 165 a.d.

for more visit http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12219b.htm and http://catholicexchange.com/2011/01/26/143305/

St. Ignatius of Antioch wrote one of his letters to Polycarp while Ignatius was en route to his martyrdom. It was Polycarp who later had the letters of St. Ignatius preserved. In the late second century, St. Irenaeus of Lyons wrote that he had learned by heart what Polycarp told him, including some things that Polycarp, in turn, had learned from the Apostle John.

Prayer:

O sweet Saviour Christ, in your undeserved love for us you were prepared to suffer the painful death of the cross: let me not be cold or even lukewarm in my love for you.

Lord help me to face the truth about myself. Help me to hear my words as others hear them, To see my face as others see me; Let me be honest enough to recognise my impatience and conceit;

Let me recognise my anger and selfishness; Give me sufficient humility to accept my own weakness for what they are. Give me the grace – at least in your presence – to say. ‘I was wrong – forgive me.’

God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, increase in us faith and truth and gentleness and grant us part and lot among the saints.

— St. Polycarp 69-115