"...for my house will be called a house of prayer for all peoples." Isaiah 56:7

"O Lord,...you have been pleased to bless this house of your servant, so that it will always remain. It is you, O Lord, who blessed it, and it will be blessed forever." 1 Chr 17: 26-27

Sr. Marie De Mandat-Grancey Foundation
P.O.Box 275
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724 USA

" I am not a priest and cannot bless them, but all that the heart of a mother can ask of God for her children, I ask of Him and will never cease to ask Him." ~ Sister Marie

“The grace of our Lord be with us forever.” ~ Sr. Marie

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Archbishop Guiuseppe G. Bernardini

Yesterday I had the profound pleasure to meet the retired Archbishop of Turkey, Guiuseppe G. Bernardini. This is the very same good and holy apostle of Our Lord who is responsible for granting the Imprimatur on the Sister Marie Prayer Card. I was blessed to attend a private Mass offered by him. I was struck by his genuine humility and soft spoken manner. His unprepared homily was offered simply from his heart but the meaning of his words have burned into my heart. Here is what I recall Archbishop Bernardini teaching in my own words:

In the Gospel our Lord tells his disciple, "Follow me." It is sometimes hard to follow Jesus and yet we must. We will be happy no other way. And after we have begun to follow Him, we must continue...ultimately following Him into heaven.

Yes, I've heard this many times before but yesterday these words spoken from a true long-serving son of the Church had a profound impact on me. His persona resonates with that true joy that can only come from following Jesus. And now in these years of his life, Archbishop Bernardini has given us a sign post to point the way; Sister Marie De Mandat-Grancey! By granting the Imprimatur he is telling us that Sister Marie can help us respond to Jesus' invitation to "Follow me." He has placed his good name forever in the service of Sister Marie to that end; for souls to follow Jesus.

It is my heartfelt prayer that Archbishop Bernardini will be blessed every time a soul prays the Sister Marie Prayer and that Sister Marie will always take special care of him...and that many souls will be converted, embrace Truth Incarnate, accept the gift of Our Lord when He says "Peace I leave you. My peace I give you," and like Archbishop Bernardini, with persevering love will Follow Him.

Thank you Archbishop Bernardini for giving the world the chance to know Sister Marie, Foundress of Mary's House at Ephesus. May Sister Marie always intercede for Christians and Muslims who spiritually unite in Mary's House to pray for peace.

As I close I must ask a question: Did you know that Ephesus has come to America? Archbishop Bernardini has much to do with that too. More on that in my next post.