"...for my house will be called a house of prayer for all peoples." Isaiah 56:7

"O Lord,...you have been pleased to bless this house of your servant, so that it will always remain. It is you, O Lord, who blessed it, and it will be blessed forever." 1 Chr 17: 26-27

Sr. Marie De Mandat-Grancey Foundation
P.O.Box 275
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724 USA

" I am not a priest and cannot bless them, but all that the heart of a mother can ask of God for her children, I ask of Him and will never cease to ask Him." ~ Sister Marie

“The grace of our Lord be with us forever.” ~ Sr. Marie

Sunday, October 7, 2007

October 7 - Mothers

This is a personal post. Today is a special day for me for many reasons. I recall my visit to Fatima almost 15 years ago with my friend Erin where my love for Our Lady of the Rosary was crystallized in a life changing forever commitment to Mary, the Mother of God. This is when I began to call her Mama Mary. This was when I began to understand Our Lady's love for me because I knew in my own motherhood the unfathomable love I had for my own children. If in my sinful weak humanity I can love my own children so deeply, how much more so could the sinless Mother God love her children? Ever since this pilgrimage the Rosary has been my life line of grace especially in my motherhood with all its joys and agonies. Mary is my model of Motherhood. The Rosary is as essential to my existence as air and water.

On this same day, October 7th, nine years ago my dear mother went to be with God. Margaret Mary Frances, mommy, left me and my father and five siblings at an early age. She was such a good and selfless mother. I miss her terribly at times like today. She taught me so much and rarely needed to speak a word to do so. She has ever since let her presence and love and motherly care be known to me and others. Once a mother always a mother. My simple heart wonders if motherhood and the priesthood remain as eternal vocations.

I now have two mothers in heaven. They both take such good care of me. Separation from each of them makes my human heart lonely at times but my spirit knows the veil is very thin between heaven and earth. Every once in a while I can even see through the veil and my heavenly Mother and my dear earthly mother allow me consolations.

I like to think of my mother with Sister Marie praying for me as I raise my own large family and try to work in my own small way for the Kingdom; for peace.

On this "feast" day of my mother Margaret, and this day when we honor Our Mother and Her most precious of gifts, Her Rosary, I join you all in prayer through the intercession of Sister Marie for peace in this world. All mothers deeply desire peace as they contemplate the future of this world and their children and grandchildren making their way. Mother Mary has always asked us to pray for peace. Sister Marie will help us to do this well.

And every mother who already enjoys the peace of heaven will never truly be finished with her vocation of motherhood or could ever truly rest in peace until all her children are safe in peace; first temporarily here on earth and then eventually with her in the peace of heaven. Mothers and peace are synonymous. Mama Mary, Queen of Peace, please pray for us. Sister Marie, please help us.

May the prayers of mothers of all faiths through the intercession of Sister Marie join with the prayers of the Mother of God, our Mother, Queen of Peace, in Mary's House to echo eternally through heaven for all of our precious beloved children; Mary's Children; God's children.