"...for my house will be called a house of prayer for all peoples." Isaiah 56:7

"O Lord,...you have been pleased to bless this house of your servant, so that it will always remain. It is you, O Lord, who blessed it, and it will be blessed forever." 1 Chr 17: 26-27

Sr. Marie De Mandat-Grancey Foundation
P.O.Box 275
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724 USA

" I am not a priest and cannot bless them, but all that the heart of a mother can ask of God for her children, I ask of Him and will never cease to ask Him." ~ Sister Marie

“The grace of our Lord be with us forever.” ~ Sr. Marie

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Interesting Turn of Events

Last week, in the last post, I added a set of three photos that were a view from my window as I prayed the Sorrowful Mysteries last Friday. Long before posting them here on the blog I had sent them to a few friends as well as Spirit Daily. It was just three photos in an email with a one sentence note saying, "As I was praying the Sorrowful Mysteries this Friday morning, this was my view from my prayer room chair." Later that day I finally was able to remember how to post photos to the blog and did. (Quite internet challenged!)

To my surprise, Spirit Daily included a link to the photos entitled "View from a Window" http://www.spiritdaily.org/Headlines/hdln121507prt.htm on the same day almost as soon as I finally was able to post it here. Remarkably, in the two days that it was a headline on Spirit Daily this blog received a little over 5,000 hits!

Understand that I wasn't the one to send him the link to Sr. Marie's website. In fact, I've been checking the status of my original email to Spirit Daily since that day and he only read that original email today, 12/20/07. I only sent him the one original personal email Friday morning with the three photos.

So, I find it interesting and edifying that a beautiful and natural image of Our Sorrowful Lord brought so many people from all over the world to the attention of Sr. Marie without any attempt by me to connect the gift of the image with the Sr. Marie website. I was simply absorbed in meditating on the gift and sharing it with as many people as I could so I quickly sent the photos in a personal email to the editor of a largely viewed Catholic internet publication.

It would seem that Our Lord desired to be viewed not only by me through my window, but also through the intercession of Sister Marie!