"...for my house will be called a house of prayer for all peoples." Isaiah 56:7

"O Lord,...you have been pleased to bless this house of your servant, so that it will always remain. It is you, O Lord, who blessed it, and it will be blessed forever." 1 Chr 17: 26-27

Sr. Marie De Mandat-Grancey Foundation
P.O.Box 275
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724 USA

" I am not a priest and cannot bless them, but all that the heart of a mother can ask of God for her children, I ask of Him and will never cease to ask Him." ~ Sister Marie

“The grace of our Lord be with us forever.” ~ Sr. Marie

Friday, October 1, 2010

St. Theresa - Oct 1

Where to begin about this powerful, loving, gentle saint? She has been my forever friend and was the first Saint to show me her intercession in such a prompt, powerful and deliberate way ..and she has never stopped coming to my aid when I call upon her. Never.

The most recent answer to prayers came this past August. I was vacationing with my family out east where the name of the local Parish is St. Therese. Over the long spring and summer Father Carl, Erin, and I had become weary of the wait we were enduring for a publisher for Father Carl's A Guiding Star. Since I would be within St. Therese's Parish for nine days I planned to place my petition in her heart with a Novena of Holy Communions, Rosaries, and the St. Therese prayer along with the Sister Marie prayer. I was begging that we would be given a publisher. On the ninth day, as I was packing to go home, I turned off my laptop. My cell phone was on the fritz. I was out of contact with everyone. I hadn't heard a word of encouragement during the Novena regarding any communication with any publishers. Each day I had eagerly read my email and listened to my voice mail. Nothing. Now this day I was totally cut off. In my heart I offered it up along with my ascent to God's perfect will. I knew my faith and trust were being tested. But where was my St. Therese who had never failed to answer my prayers? Would she obtain an answer to my plea from God? Hope was dwindling.
.
Not until much later the next day, after getting home and unpacking the loaded car, did I hook up to the internet. There I found an email from Erin with many exclamation points!!! My phone also had a message of urgency to call her back right away. At once I called her and I found out that the day before, on day nine of my Novena, we had received an email from a publisher accepting the book for editing! Roses, roses, roses from heaven.

St. Therese, I thank you with all my heart. Thank you for the comfort this gave to Erin and I and especially to Father Carl. I am so joy filled that you are working with us for the cause of Sister Marie, showing us your blessing with this answered prayer. The Saints help the Saints. We have story after story proving this.
.
St. Therese, you taught us the "Little Way." Now I believe that Sister Marie is teaching us the "simple and safe way"....to Mary's House, Mary's Heart. Our Mother is calling all her children home and you, Sister Marie, have provided the simple way for us to find our way in safety to Mary's House, a common ground of Marian devotion across religious lines.
.
A new photo surfaced on the web yesterday of St. Therese! Of course it is of her convent in France. But pause a moment and look closely at it with the eyes of faith...see if you don't agree that one might be reminded of Mary's House and the Doorway to the Virgin, Panaya Kapulu, with St. Therese there beckoning too.



As we open this month of Mary and the Holy Rosary, let us hold tight to the powerful hands of St. Theresa and Sister Marie and pray with them that many souls will come to the safety of Mary's House, Mary's Heart.

St. Theresa of the Child Jesus,
please pick for me a rose from the heavenly gardens
and send it to me as a message of love.
Ask God to grant the favor I thee implore
and tell Him I will love Him each day more and more.
Amen.
.