"...for my house will be called a house of prayer for all peoples." Isaiah 56:7

"O Lord,...you have been pleased to bless this house of your servant, so that it will always remain. It is you, O Lord, who blessed it, and it will be blessed forever." 1 Chr 17: 26-27

Sr. Marie De Mandat-Grancey Foundation
P.O.Box 275
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724 USA

" I am not a priest and cannot bless them, but all that the heart of a mother can ask of God for her children, I ask of Him and will never cease to ask Him." ~ Sister Marie

“The grace of our Lord be with us forever.” ~ Sr. Marie

Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Guardian Angels

Saint Padre Pio knew the unique spiritual communication with which the Guardian Angels assist us. We recall him teaching us to "Send me your Guardian Angel." The Guardian Angels are God's messengers whose mission it is to "light, guard, rule, and guide" us to our eternal home in Heaven with Our Father. The Guardian Angels desire to assist us as we strive to live in peace with one another. They can help communicate what is in our hearts and minds to those with whom we might struggle to communicate or when humility keeps us silent.

As a mother I have always begged the help of the Guardian Angels of my children. Like St. Padre Pio taught, I have named their Angels. They have never failed to assist me to communicate with my children. At times it's extraordinary! I have sent my Guardian Angel to the Angels of my children to tell them to call home when they have perhaps forgotten to do so. Within minutes the phone is ringing and the forgetful teen has "checked in" restoring my peace of mind. As a young mother I was always fairly home bound tending to an infant or toddler and the older ones would run to play in the neighborhood with their friends. At around 5:00 pm I would send my Guardian Angel to gather them for dinner, bath, homework and bedtime. Without fail, they would all be rounded up by the Angels and soon be running through the front door calling, "Mom, I'm home!" Peace for me again.

My children are all much older now. Often I resort to "texting" to communicate, but when it comes to the important issues of life, I still beg the Angels assistance before I offer advice on the Church's teaching and morality and basic life lessons. The words of truth bring peace to their souls and I believe it is because I have asked their Angels to help me get the "message" across. Again, bringing peace for me.

This special peace was a gift that came as a result of trusting the Angels to help me as I was doing God's work. I see a parallel now in my life spent working for the Cause of Sister Marie; which is also a mission for peace. Now I pray to the Angels to help me to communicate the urgency I feel that this mission for peace is critical. I send my Guardian Angel before me to pray with the Guardian Angels of those who will come to our presentations about the life of Sister Marie and her mission in these times so that they might be open to hear the message and then be moved to help with the Cause for her beatification. The Angels will help us to live in peace. This is why I chose an image of an Angel cradling the Dove of Peace to lead this blog post. Let's ask the assistance of our Angels at every step of the way on the path to peace in Mary's House. Let's ask our Angels to pray together with the Angels of all of our brothers and sisters of all faiths that they might be drawn to Mary's House, a symbol of the Heart of Mary, Queen of Angels!

Thank you Sister Marie for giving us this gift of hope for peace between peoples. Praise God for your Guardian Angel who guided you to this precious gift for us all and then helped you guard the gift for all time. May the peace at Mary's House enlighten and rule in the hearts of all God's children, Children of Mary.

Let's take a lesson from St. Padre Pio. Today on the Feast of the Guardian Angels, let's send our Guardian Angels to Padre Pio and Sister Marie! After all "Pio" means peace and Sister Marie's mission is peace. Let's join together in prayer with Padre Pio, Sister Marie, their Guardian Angels, our own Guardian Angel, the Guardian Angels of all Children of Mary being called to Mary's Heart, and especially with the Guardian Angels of all the souls in Purgatory, those who were Christian while living on earth, and those who became Christians meeting Jesus at their death. Let's pray for "peace between peoples" as our Holy Father Pope Benedict requested of us on his visit to Mary's House on November 29, 2006.

Angel of God, my Guardian dear,
to whom God's love commits me here.
Ever this day be at my side,
To light and guard,
to rule and guide,
Amen.