"...for my house will be called a house of prayer for all peoples." Isaiah 56:7

"O Lord,...you have been pleased to bless this house of your servant, so that it will always remain. It is you, O Lord, who blessed it, and it will be blessed forever." 1 Chr 17: 26-27

Sr. Marie De Mandat-Grancey Foundation
P.O.Box 275
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724 USA

" I am not a priest and cannot bless them, but all that the heart of a mother can ask of God for her children, I ask of Him and will never cease to ask Him." ~ Sister Marie

“The grace of our Lord be with us forever.” ~ Sr. Marie

Monday, November 8, 2010

Announcement!

The Investigation into the life of Sr. Marie de Mandat-Grancey, DC, (Sept. 13, 1837- May 31, 1915) Foundress of Mary's House, Ephesus, Turkey, the first step towards Beatification, will begin Friday, January 21st, 2011 under the direction of Bishop Robert Finn at the Immaculate Conception Cathedral in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph at 6 PM.  


From Erin Von Uffel, D.M
President of the Sister Marie de Mandat-Grancey Foundation:

I asked Bishop Robert Finn of Kansas City Missouri if I could shout this from the mountain top, he said I could now share this:

The Investigation into the life of Sr. Marie de Mandat-Grancey's, DC, (Sept. 13, 1837- May 31, 1915) Foundress of Mary's House, Ephesus, Turkey, the first step towards Beatification, will begin Friday, January 21st, 2011 at the Immaculate Conception Cathedral in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph at 6 PM.

Many of you know I started this journey ten years ago. While living in London not knowing a soul, God placed people in my path who changed my life forever. While at a luncheon in Chelsea I met a woman (Ana) and my love for the saints came bursting forth from my mouth. Ana immediately said I must meet her friend (Rosario) who has many saints in the family and her husband's great Aunt is the Foundress of Mary's House in Ephesus, Turkey. I knew of Mary's House, I had often sent many people there once I heard they were going to Turkey.

The following week I was invited to Ana's home to meet Rosario de Mandat-Grancey. We had a long lunch and shared much of our faith. Rosario spoke of her very devout family which included many saints. Then she shared the story of Sr. Marie, the Foundress of Mary's House. She spoke of a stone from Mary's House, given to the family in honor of Sr. Marie, now in a reliquary in the family chapel of their castle, where Sr. Marie was born. I was very impressed with the life story of Sr. Marie as she told how she was born of privilege but gave it all up to serve the poor and the sick and our Church. I heard many things about Sr. Marie that day. Then Rosario told me her family had been approached to help open a Cause for her Beatification. The Cause was not started mostly due to funds. I was heart broken for her. I felt she should have been brought forth to the Altar of the Saints so many years ago. In retrospect I believe that was the moment my life changed. I think that was when a seed was planted deep in my heart and soul, to right a wrong, and try as I could to lift Sr.Marie up to the Altar of Saints with the help of God.

As we all know God makes the Saints. After endless trips to and from France and Turkey over the years to prove Sr. Marie worthy of an Investigation, a date has now been set! Thanks be to God!!!! This is the announcement I have only dreamt of until now. Many thanks to all those who have given permission for this to now go forward and see how God will rule on this. Many thanks to all of you who have helped me along the way and continue to help, you know who you are, thank you!!!

Please pray to and for Sr.Marie! You are all welcome to journey to Kansas City, Missouri for January 21st. Visit our site: http://www.sistermarie.com/.

Print your own prayer card, read more about Sr. Marie, and join us in this time of rejoicing!!!!!

Yours in Christ,
Erin von Uffel, DM
November 8, 2010
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
" I am not a priest and cannot bless them, but all that the heart of a mother can ask of God for her children, I ask of Him and will never cease to ask Him." ~ Sister Marie

"WE THANK GOD FOR GIVING US THE PRIVILEGE OF SISTER MARIE de MANDAT-GRANCEY. THROUGH HER GREAT GENEROSITY SHE ACQUIRED THE PROPERTY AT EPHESUS, THE HOME OF MARY AND ST. JOHN THE EVANGELIST. WE ASK GOD AND SR. MARIE TO CONTINUE TO BLESS THE CORNERSTONE GIVEN TO HER, "AROUND THIS CORNERSTONE WE BUILD OUR FAITH AND THE POWERS OF DARKNESS WILL NOT REVAIL." WE PRAY FOR GOD'S WILL TO BE COMPLETELY FULFILLED THROUGH THE INTERCESSION OF SR. MARIE. AMEN."
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++